The Accelerator has established an Advisory Board whose role is to:
- support expansion of the Accelerator’s network nationally and internationally;
- help expand our reach, impact and relevance, particularly in policy and wider society;
- identify and facilitate new relationships to people and institutions; and
- support sustainability and extension of the Accelerator’s activities beyond the life of the initial 18 month grant.
The first meeting of the UK will take place on 1 July. The Board’s members are:
- Charlotte Augst, Chief Executive of National Voices, the leading coalition of health and social care charities in England
- Victoria Butler-Cole QC, barrister at 39 Essex Chambers specialising in health and social care law, and member of the Nuffield Council on Bioethics
- Professor Edward Harcourt, Director of research strategy and innovation at the Arts Humanities Research Council, and fellow of Keble College, University of Oxford.
- Adam Hedgecoe, Professor at the School of Social Sciences, University of Cardiff.
- Sheuli Porkess, Director Actaros Consultancy, Chair Policy & Communications Group at Faculty of Pharmaceutical Medicine, former Director Research, Medical and Innovation at the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry.
- Gurch Randhawa, Professor of Diversity in Public Health and Director of the Institute for Health Research at the University of Bedfordshire
- Jackie Leach Scully, Professor of Bioethics and Director of the Disability Innovation Institute at the University of New South Wales, Australia, and disability activist.
- Hetan Shah, Chief Executive of the British Academy, a Visiting Professor at King’s College London, and Deputy Chair of the Ada Lovelace Institute.
- James Watson-O’Neill, Chief Executive of the deaf health charity, SignHealth.